The government has announced an extension of Alert Level 4 restrictions until 11:59pm Tuesday 24 August for all Aotearoa New Zealand.
The public is urged to continue checking the locations of interest(external link), and seek a test if you have cold or flu symptoms, have been at a location of interest, or are a close contact of a positive Covid-19 case.
Please visit the Taranaki DHB website(external link) for more details of how and where to get a test in Taranaki.
What you need to know and do at Alert Level 4
At Alert Level 4 we all need to stay at home to stop the transmission of Covid-19:
- The only reasons you can leave home are to shop for groceries, access necessary healthcare, get a COVID-19 test, exercise or go to work if you are working in an Alert Level 4 service.
- Only make physical contact with those who you live with - stay in your "bubble."
- Businesses are closed except for those permitted to be open at Alert Level 4 - for example, supermarkets, pharmacies, clinics, petrol stations and lifeline utilities will stay open.
- Safe recreational activity is allowed in your local area.
- All gatherings are cancelled and all public venues are closed.
- Educational facilities are closed.
The public is advised to wear masks when out in public.
Please visit covid19.govt.nz(external link) for further information on travel, personal movement, exercise, education, work, business and gatherings at Alert Level 4.