At 12 noon on Wednesday 12 August the Auckland region moved to Alert Level 3, while the rest of the country moved to Alert Level 2. This will last for at least three days, until midnight on Friday 14 August.
What you need to know
Alert Level 2 you can still go to work and school, but you should keep your distance from other people in public.
- Practice good hygiene – wash your hands, and sneeze and cough into your elbow
- Wear a mask if you cannot safely distance in public, such as in shops or public transport
- If you are sick, stay home. If you have cold or flu symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline and get tested
- If you have been told to self-isolate, you must do so immediately
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen – download the Covid Tracer App(external link).
For more information visit the COVID-19 website.(external link)