Before a Pandemic:
- Keep your coughs and sneezes covered. Put tissues straight into a covered, lined rubbish bin or a plastic bag
- Wash hands often, for at least 20 seconds with soap or an alcohol-based rub and dry them well
- Isolate yourself - keep at least a metre away from others and stay at home if you become ill
- Reduce germs in your home and workplace - regularly disinfect common surfaces like phones, handles, remote controls, taps, toys
- Consult family and friends when preparing your plan - who could help with food and supplies if you and your household are ill?
- Keep phone numbers of people who live near you, and your family doctor, in a prominent place
- Ask your doctor for an influenza vaccination each year
- If you run a business or farm, plan for the impact of a pandemic.